Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 1: Say Anything (1989)


























Say Anything
Directed by: Cameron Crowe
Starring: John Cusack, Ione Skye, John Mahoney

Part of the purpose of this project is to fill in gaps in my pop culture knowledge. I feel never seeing this film is a big gap.

This movie kind of surprised me. I don't think I ever realized how much I like John Cusack. Sure, two of my favorite movies are Grosse Pointe Blank and High Fidelity, but I never really felt much of a connection to him. This movie felt like a John Huges movie (in a good way). very 80's, very gen. X angsty, and very real.

Not the most entertaining movie, but it had its moments. I liked that we saw John with Jeremy Piven in thie movie (which explains their great chemistry in GPB).

Chuck Klosterman wrote an essay for Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs about his failures with women. He claimed that women were always disappointed because they all wanted to date Lloyd Dobler. Now I understand him. I mean, if this is true, can you blame the ladies?

Lesson learned: Nursing homes are a scam.

No comments:

Post a Comment