Monday, June 29, 2009

Day 44: The Hangover (2009)
































The Hangover
Director: Todd Phillips
Starring: Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis

Let me start by saying this: I did not like Old School. I do enjoy movies with those same actors (i.e. Anchor Man) but really didn't enjoy Old School. It seemed a little too...I don't know..."bro". This movie, though definitely falling squarely in the "bro" movie genre, really made me laugh.

The movie centers around a group of guys who go to Vegas for a bachelor party and wake up the next morning without any memory of the previous night. They then have to solve the mystery of last night, which includes: one guy gone missing, a stolen cop car, one guy getting married to a hooker, a tiger in the bathroom, and a baby.

Ed Helms and Zach Galifianakis were hysterical. I've been a Helms fan since the Daily Show and he delivers a similar clueless nice guy performance in this movie to what I've seen in the Office. He sings a song on the piano at one point in the movie, summarizing their emotions and predicament. This was probably my favorite part of the movie. I've only seen a few clips of Zach's stand up, but now an determined to see more. The guy was easily the highlight of the movie for me.

The movie was unpredictable. It set up a premise where you really had no idea what was coming next. It was more plot driven than Old School...maybe that's why I enjoyed the ride so much more.

I'm getting married in a year and I hope my bachelor party is entirely different from this movie.

Lesson learned: It takes more than a few ruffies to knock out a tiger.

No comments:

Post a Comment