Sunday, July 26, 2009

Day 68: Baby Mama (2008)





































Baby Mama
Director: Michael McCullers
Starring: Tina Fey, Amy Poehler. Greg Kinnear

I love 30 Rock. Tina Fey makes me laugh like few other comedians can. Amy Poehler is hit or miss for me. Though this movie featured two ladies who I think are funny, it failed to impress me.

Tina Fey plays a wealthy businesswoman who cannot bear children. She highers a white trash woman (Amy Poehler) to be her surrogate mother. Comedy occurs.

This movie did make me laugh, but mostly at random things. Steve Martin was ridiculous as the new age organic food loving billionaire boss of Fey. Poehler's strength here was her ability to blurt out random dialogue with great timing and absurdity. Fey here was mostly playing straight woman to Poehler.

This movie's plot was predictable and the laughs didn't come frequently enough to keep me interested. It forced some sort heartfelt relationship message about having kids. Or something. It seemed like something they felt like they needed to throw in there. Didn't really work for me.

Overall, a humorous little movie that I'm glad I didn't pay to see in theaters. Everything about it was average. It seems sort of below the standard Fey has set up for herself. Not bad, but that's about all I can say for it.

Lesson learned: Pregnancy is INSANE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment