Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The End of Summer

Well, faithful readers, I start work again tomorrow. I guess that makes this the official end to the "Daily Cinema" blogging. I can't really commit myself to regular posting at this point (not that I did a great job of it the second half of the summer).

I started this on May 12 and, as of today, I have watched 76 movies in 92 days. I missed 16 days of movies, which is pretty disappointing. However, I'd like to think that on those days I was busy saving the world or doing something else useful with that spare 2 hours.

I have learned a lot of lessons watching these movies. I'll probably do a compilation of those if I get bored in the next few days. This really has been a fun project. I've found a few new favorites and really immersed myself in the world of kung fu cinema. Though my selection ended up a little more on the bizarre than classic side of things, I saw a lot of worthwhile stuff.

More than anything else, though, this has been a creative exercise for me. Most of my reviews on here are horrible pieces of criticism. I have realized my own limitations as a writer and have tried to take the time to create some reviews that are worthwhile (which maybe a dozen or so actually are).

Fret not, comrades. Shed no more tears. I do plan on continuing this blog. Though I will not be posting on any regular schedule, I will continue to blog a review for every movie I see (which should still be a few posts a week).

Thanks for reading and watching along with me!

1 comment:

  1. Bravo Pete! Bravo! I enjoyed this thoroughly all summer.

    ReplyDelete