Thursday, May 16, 2013

Round 2

So my life has been crazy the past 4 years since the summer that I watched 70-something movies.  I got married, moved twice, and my wife opened her own business.  I am working on a MA in medieval history, teach high school students full time, and spend the rest of my time helping out in my lady's bakery.  I have sacrificed much of my personal life and often feel like I spend the precious personal time I have doing nothing worthwhile, wasting away every precious minute in a pointless internet loop (damn you, Reddit!).

Summer is almost here and I'm not working or taking a class.  Sure, most of my time will be spent helping my Mrs. in the bakery.  However I'll need something to do in the evenings when I'm not reading comics or hanging out with friends. 

I have been feeling the need to take on a personal project for a while.  This fall I'll be taking a grad seminar on the crusades, teaching, AND doing bakery work.  If I'm going to have a project, it'll have to bee this summer. 

This summer, I will reignite my movie a day project.  I'll continue to fill in the gaps of my pop culture knowledge with missed classics, recent critical darlings, current summer blockbusters, and total geeky pleasures.  Not only do I get to enjoy the flicks, but I also get to work on my critical writing. 

Will I get as much reading done as I should?  Will I work on next year's lesson plans?  Probably not.

Anyway, feel free to read along!  I promise not to review as many kung fu movies this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment